* 3 ripe bananas
* 1 & 1/2 cups of flour
* 1/3 cup coconut sugar (can also use monkfruit sugar, sucanat or turbinado sugar)
* 1/4 cup refined coconut oil - melted
* 1/8 to 1/4 cup shredded coconut
* 1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg
* Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Preheat oven to 350F
Oil or line the pan with parchment paper
Sift or blend well the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. It's okay to leave a few small chunks. However I prefer to use my hand blender and blend them smooth.
Next add the coconut flakes, sugar and oil and mix well
Fold in the dry ingredients.
If you prefer you can chop some pecans or walnuts (3 table spoons) and add them in.
Pour the batter into the pan
Bake at 350 F for to 40 to 50 minutes depending on your oven. Be sure to prick with a fine knife or toothpick for doneness. They will come out clean when ready.
I enjoy this bread with MIYOKO'S cultured vegan cashew butter